2 a person who breeds and cares for horses [syn: horse fancier]
a man who rides a horse
A horseman can be:
- A man who rides a horse.
- In some armies' usage, a soldier who rides a horse.
- In British farming usage in former times, a man in change of workhorses.
- Horseman USA is a company which makes cameras and camera accessories.
- In Australia the term may refer to a stockman
- Horseman (opera), an opera by Aulis Sallinen
broncobuster, buckaroo, caballero, cavalier, cavalryman, chevalier, circus rider, cowboy, cowgirl, cowpuncher, equestrian, equestrienne, gaucho, horse soldier, horseback rider, horsebacker, horsewoman, jockey, knight, mounted policeman, postboy, postilion, puncher, rider, roughrider, steeplechaser, trick rider, vaquero